Server Assistant - Starting at $12.50 + Grats - Mountain Shadows
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?Position Summary: AM and PM shifts available, looking for part-time and full-time staff. To work within the framework of the Food and Beverage service team. To assist servers in providing our guests with prompt and efficient dining experience in a personable, courteous and professional manner. Impeccable grooming standards are essential.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Will be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will adhere to these standards throughout our guests’ dining experience.
- Will assist servers with general service; will assist with removal of completed courses from the table.
- Will be able to service a twelve-table station without assistance during typical service demand.
- After guests have been seated, will provide water service to the table. Will replenish throughout service.
- Will set up and stock service stations in kitchen and dining room. Will restock stations throughout service.
- Will clear and reset dirty tables as quickly and quietly as possible after guests depart. Including breakfast table set-up and making sure things are placed to perfection.
- Will break down bus trays at dishwashing station; will assist dishwashers when needed.
- Will perform post service duties in kitchen and dining room in a generally expedient manner.
- Must know table and position numbers, and be able to fulfill role as Food Runner as dictated by the schedule.
- Will assist servers to ensure that all tables in dining room are set to standards.
- Will work together with other server assistants to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including Heimlich maneuver, CPR and fire evacuation procedures.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Good physical condition in order to lift moderate weights, move quickly, and remain on feet for a prolonged period of time.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guest questions and service and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Must be keen with an attention to detail, i.e. mentally able to retain service orders and perform service standards.
- Well-groomed appearance according to company guidelines.
- Previous dining experience preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
County Legal Requirements
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Food and Beverage Office.
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training.
What are we looking for?