Room Service Server - Mountain Shadows
Position Summary: To work within the framework of the Room Service Department service team, practicing established standards and systems. Assembles orders, delivers and serves food and beverages to our guests in a personable, courteous and professional manner.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the menus, ingredients and methods of preparation for each dish, wine list, as well as hours of operation for all food and beverage outlets. Has a thorough knowledge of the room layout and the property in general. Is knowledgeable about Mountain Shadows and its amenities.
- Collects orders from the kitchen, ensuring they have been prepared correctly; and to promptly and efficiently deliver to the guest’s room.
- Is responsible for fulfilling all functions as required by accounting; Submitting signed checks to R.S. Telephone Operator, reconciling daily sales etc.
- Assists with the collection of Room Service trays and other food and beverage items from the guest rooms. This also includes proper breakdown of trays and other items.
- No cell phones or personal calls except in emergencies. No smoking during service. No gum chewing anytime.
- Should be familiar with Room Service Telephone Operators duties, and fill that position when needed.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will practice these standards throughout the guests dining experience. Consistently delivers courteous, professional service. Maintains high standards of cleanliness (personal appearance, equipment and facility) at all times.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Attend all staff meetings and supplemental training sessions. Attends pre-meal meetings and is aware of daily soup, special, their method of preparation and if anything is not available from the kitchen or bar.
- Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly. Works well with food and beverage teammates and support departments. Good communication is essential. Relays guest complaints and comments to supervisor.
- Must be motivated and a self starter. Takes the initiative to identify and undertake projects during slow periods. Keeps work area and equipment clean and organized at all times. Fulfills side duties as assigned by Room Service Captain and manager.
- Ensures all equipment is functioning properly, reporting any problems to the Room Service Captain or manager immediately.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Director of Food and Beverage, Room Service Captain or Room Service Manager.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be in good physical condition; able to drive a golf cart, and lift and quickly transport heavy trays and hot boxes up to 60 lbs.
- Able to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary. Can carry loaded trays on slippery surfaces. Can handle hot plates and equipment.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to
the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees. Strong attention to detail a must.
- Must have previous sever experience. Is knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and room service techniques. Takes pride in their department and property; is detail orientated.
- Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
County Legal Requirements
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training.