Room Service Ordertaker - Mountain Shadows
Position Summary: Responsible for correctly and courteously recording a quests request and relaying that information to the
kitchen and the room service staff. To work within the frame work of the room service and food and beverage department to provide guests with a memorable in-room dining experience.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the menus, ingredients and method of preparation for each dish, wine list, as well as hours of operation for all food and beverage outlets. Has a working knowledge of the room layout of Mountain Shadows and its amenities.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Micros point of sale system.
- Has excellent telephone skills; always adheres to the Mountain Shadows Standard for telephone etiquette, and uses the guests name whenever possible. Ensures the phones are always covered by a trained staff member during breaks and meal periods.
- Attends pre-meal meetings and is aware of daily soup, special, there method of preparation and if anything is not available from the kitchen or bar.
- Double checks each order to insure it is correct and complete.
- Keeps deck and work area (telephone, computer, bulletin board) clean and organized. Orders and stocks sufficient supplies (micros paper, menus, order forms, pens, amenity cards, etc.)
- Is aware of the number of occupied rooms, and stocks accordingly.
- Takes the initiative to complete various tasks and assists servers during slow periods (polish silverware / glasses, folding napkins, wiping down the room service dept. etc.)
- Is familiar with various forms and communication essential to Room Service operations (amenity forms, cakes, flowers etc.), informing all departments involved.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Director of Food and Beverage, Room Service Captain, or Restaurant Managers.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have excellent phone and communication skills; able to project a pleasant, sincere impression to our guests. Is knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and room service techniques.
- Has the ability to sit or stand in one place for long periods of time so that the phone is always covered.
- Must be organized and efficient. Works well with other departments under stressful conditions.
- Is insightful and self-motivated; takes the initiative to identify and complete projects in the Room Service and Food and Beverage Departments.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.