Room Attendant - $1000 Hiring Bonus - Mountain Shadows
Position Summary: Responsible for cleaning rooms and facilities and job duties instructed by the Housekeeping Supervisor, Assistant Director of Housekeeping, and Director of Housekeeping.
- The ability to follow payroll and key sign-out procedures.
- The ability to clean mirrors, furniture, ash urns, elevators, and doors.
- The ability to inventory and maintain the cleanliness of all linen closets and empty trash.
- Work well with other staff members by planning and following a definite cleaning schedule this will enable work to go faster and smoother.
- Follow instructions and training given by supervisor. Be cooperative and receptive to changes and helpful hints.
- All lost and found articles must be turned in to a supervisor or the Director of Housekeeping.
- The ability to spot clean furniture and carpets as instructed.
- At the start of the work day, obtain work reports from supervisor and proceed to load cart with the supplies needed for the days cleaning.
- The ability to assist in moving beds and furniture as requested.
- The ability to offer assistance to guests when requested or needed.
- The ability to report any maintenance deficiencies to housekeeping.
- Following instructions given by Housekeeping supervisor on which rooms to clean first: example: 1) Clean O/C rooms first. 2) Go to "due-in" rooms and get them ready for check in. 3) Clean C/O rooms. 4) Clean all occupied rooms by 5pm.
- Ensure all bathrooms and beds are cleaned in rooms.
- Vacuum all rooms every day.
- If there are no house persons around, sweet patio, wipe down patio furniture, front door and light fixtures. Dust all light bulbs with a dry rag in all rooms.
- Clean all mirrors and mop all tiled floors.
- If any rooms are found occupied or are in use and not listed on reports, report to supervisor immediately.
- Always make yourself available to help out another employee if you finish your section first.
- Clean cart when finished for the day and stock up for the next day of work.
- The ability to employ proper use and maintenance of all equipment and supplies.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to complete any project assigned by the Director or Assistant Director of Housekeeping.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Prior hotel experience preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel continually to handle specific demands of quality guest service.
- Ability to extend arms, scrub, bend, stoop, stand and walk areas for extended periods of time.
- Ability to push, pull or lift heavy loads weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push and/or pull heavy furniture weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions hot, cold or wet.
- Hearing and visual ability to be able to observe and anticipate guest needs.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of job.