Restaurant Host / Hostess - Mountain Shadows
To work within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. To greet and seat guests with warm, friendly and sincere manner and escort them to their table. Make a good first impression, and insure they are happy when they leave. To manage seating charts and systems as well as relay pertinent information regarding guest requests to servers and management.
- Arrive to work promptly and consistently follow schedule.
- Hold knowledge of the floor plan, server station assignments and table numbers.
- Inspect menus for cleanliness and crispness and change out when necessary.
- Walk through dining area and the Lounge, note and correct any irregularities (lights burned out, furniture crooked, etc. Check dining room and floors for cleanliness and takes actions where needed.
- Retrieve reservation books and manage daily reservation sheet. Maintain accurate seating chart and cover tally. Be able to make reservations accurately and courteously.
- Answer phones with knowledge of the operation of the Mountain Shadows and/or direct the guests for further assistance.
- Provide a smile and friendly greeting for guests, uses guest's name (if known), confirms number in party, asks guests for their seating preference and special needs, walks with guests at their pace to the table, alerts guests of steps and inclines, assists if necessary and informs server/manager of special needs.
- Present menus to guests and informs server of guest present at the table and returns to the lobby to greet guests, checks dining room for guests who are ready to leave.
- Acknowledge and thank guests when they are leaving, ask them to return, ask about their dining experience and follow through with the manager with any guest issues.
- When closing, inspect for cleanliness and prepare the station for the next day.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including CPR and fire evacuation procedures.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Good physical condition in order to remain on feet for a prolonged period of time and to move through the dining room and lobby to escort guests.
- Pleasant personality and neat appearance.
- Pleasant speaking voice and phone etiquette.
- Must enjoy extensive guest and employee contact.
- Previous food and beverage experience preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal.
- Protective equipment when required.