Reservation Sales Agent - Mountain Shadows
Position Summary: The Reservation Agent is a key facilitator of the hotel guest's experiences. The main focus of the position is to provide a consistent, accurate friendly and sincere level of guest service to all guests.
- Ensure all reservations calls are answered in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Maximize every opportunity to close each reservation call.
- Track reservations calls daily.
- Follow through on every call with confirmations, letters and brochures.
- Work closely with Front Desk to ensure full occupancy on busy days.
- Ensure all necessary information is received from arriving guests, to facilitate their arrival and comfort prior to and during their stay.
- Keep all reservations accounts, traces and specific requests for each arriving guest up to par.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Reservations Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Opera and Navis experience preferred.
- Computer experience required.
- Hotel/resort reservation or front desk experience required.
- Ability to sit continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Clear, articulate telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Detailed and sales oriented.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Familiarity with the surrounding area is a plus.
Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.