Pool Manager - Mountain Shadows
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
To work within the framework of a quality Food & Beverage Service team. Demonstrate a leadership role to all other staff members. Oversee Pool in staffing, training, and schedules of pool and golf bar staff. Be dedicated to our pool and the highest of standards.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Be thoroughly familiar with the menus, ingredients and methods of preparation for each dish served at the Pool as well as the Pool drink menu, wine list and hours of operation for all food and beverage outlets.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the pool layout and the property in general. Is knowledgeable about Mountain Shadows and its amenities.
- Exhibits control of all shifts; monitors standards, cleanliness and team performance relative to timing and accuracy with the goal of total guest satisfaction.
- Assists with training and motivates staff, building morale and practicing succession planning. Embraces and practices all Mountain Shadows standards.
- Monitors towel and dish pickup procedures, establishing timely pick-up and the overall cleanliness of the pool deck as a high priority. Ensures Pool Deck, cabana and Pool Bar areas are clean and organized, and that all equipment is functioning properly, reporting any problems to the Director of Engineering immediately.
- Assists with fulfilling all functions as required by accounting; has strong working knowledge of micros point of sale system, gratuity sheets, employee time edits, and cashier close-outs.
- Supervise all food and drink orders to ensure they are prepared to standard recipes; set-up and delivered on time.
- Should be familiar with all positions in the Pool and be able and willing to fill those positions when needed.
- Attends weekly F&B and Staff meetings; checks Banquet Event Orders to prepare for any scheduled functions, and informs crew of upcoming events.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Assists with maintaining Pool and Golf Bar inventories and controls costs.
- Coordinates seasonal hours of operation changes. Communicates these changes to appropriate staff in an efficient and timely manner.
- Is familiar with Maricopa County Health Code and is responsible for the compliance of the Pool & Golf Bar and related employees. Trains staff accordingly.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the F&B Director.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be in good physical condition; able to lift and quickly transport heavy trays through wet and crowded areas.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary. Works well under pressure. Can handle hot plates and equipment.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees. Strong attention to detail a must.
- Must have previous Pool serving/bartending experience. Is knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and pool service techniques. Takes pride in their department and property; is detail orientated.
- Previous Pool Supervisor experience preferred.
- Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable law.
- Assist with hiring, scheduling, and training all pool staff to include conducting monthly meetings, and illustrating the proper techniques and etiquette for services.
- Assist with monitoring staff performance, define performance requirements and develop action plans for achievement of goals.
- Assist with payroll, which regards to reviewing time edits and gratuities.
- Check staff attendance according to schedules, adjust and reassign as necessary, in order to provide quality service.
- Ensure cohesiveness with staff.
- Attend administrative meetings.
What are we looking for?
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0042578