Pool Host - Starting @ $15.00 - Mountain Shadows
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Pool Host will greet guests entering the pool and seat them in a timely manner. Make a good first impression, and insure the guests are happy when they leave. To manage pool seating and systems as well as relay pertinent information regarding guest requests to servers and management.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards throughout our guests' pool experience.
- Be aware of the liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Assist with prompt, friendly, towel, misting and water service to all guests.
- Move umbrellas and lounge chairs at the request of guests.
- Ensure all pool tables, chairs, and cabanas in service areas are clean and orderly. Maintain cleanliness of these areas throughout the service period.
- Pick up litter around service and guest area when necessary.
- Walk through pool area, note and correct any irregularities (lights burned out, furniture crooked, etc. Check pool for cleanliness and takes actions where needed.
- Retrieve reservation books and manage daily reservation sheet. Be able to make reservations accurately and courteously.
- Provide a smile and friendly greeting for guests, uses guest's name (if known), confirms number in party, asks guests for their seating preference and special needs, walks with guests at their pace to their cabana or lounge chair, alerts guests of steps and inclines, assists if necessary and informs server/manager of special needs.
- Check side duty list for opening and closing procedures.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including CPR, the Heimlich maneuver and fire evacuation procedures.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Ability to professionally service guests’ poolside without assistance during typical service demand.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other
combination of skills and abilities.
- Excellent physical condition in order to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for a prolonged period of time. Must be able to carry food and beverages through crowded areas safely and professionally.
- A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guest questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Well-groomed appearance according to company standards.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.