Pool Bartender - Mountain Shadows
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Availability required: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and holidays.
To work within the framework of a quality food
and beverage pool service team. To provide guests with high quality,
consistent liquor product, served in a personable, courteous and
- Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will adhere to these standards throughout guest service.
- Be aware of all local liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Know all spirited beverages available including ingredients, garnish and specific service and will consistently use these recipes during production.
- Will know all drink prices and will consistently use these prices during service.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the micros ordering system and other check processing procedures.
- Be familiar with requisitioning, receiving, rotation and stocking procedures of all beverage items including sodas, juices, water, etc.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including the Heimlich maneuver and fire evacuation procedures.
- Review bartender production station to ensure that it is completely stocked for quick and efficient service to the guests, pool servers and pool attendants.
- Keep ice bin full and retrieve additional ice from ice machine.
- Will produce drinks as ordered by pool server and/or pool attendant through the micros system.
- Will use "bar brands" as specified when "call brands" are not requested by guest. Will produce drinks according to set recipes.
- In the event of a guest complaint, will replace drink and record on bad drink/spillage log, and submit to manager.
- Will maintain the bar area in a neat and clean manner throughout service.
- Perform post service duties in bar. Complete daily and weekly designated cleaning duties.
- Able to professionally service guests’ poolside without assistance during typical service demand.
- Specific job Knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Previous food and beverage experience preferred.
- Excellent physical condition in order to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for a prolonged period of time. Must be able to carry food and beverages through wet and crowded areas safely and professionally.
- Able to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary. Works well under pressure. Can handle hot plates and equipment.
- A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guest questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Well-groomed appearance according to company standards.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
County Legal Requirement
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training.