PM Restaurant Manager - Hearth '61 - Mountain Shadows
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?Hearth '61 was recently voted Best Hotel Restaurant in the Phoenix New Times best of Phoenix '21! Hearth ’61 serves seasonal American fare that is rich in tradition. Renowned Chef Charles Wiley takes his inspiration from the beautiful flavors of local and organic ingredients, crafting food that is delightful in its simplicity paired with dramatic mountain views.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
JOB SUMMARY: Assist the Food & Beverage Manager in the supervision of the restaurant operations and personnel in order to ensure that the highest quality standards are met for food, service, and cleanliness.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead restaurant staff in service period.
- Knowledgeable about the resort and its packages.
- Ensure staff accurately rings orders.
- Monitor sitting and serving procedures, establish timely service as a high priority.
- Fulfill all functions as required by accounting.
- Assure each order is fulfilled to the guest’s request; if dissatisfaction occurs, effectively and appropriately diffuse as quickly as possible.
- Edit employee timesheets bi-weekly to ensure smooth payroll.
- Perform line employees job functions as needed under high volume and emergency situations.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable law.
- Exhibit control of all shifts; monitor standards, cleanliness and team performance relative to timing and accuracy with the goal of total guest satisfaction.
- Motivate staff, build morale and practice succession planning.
- Train restaurant staff in service of fine cuisine, this includes but is not limited to, clearing ladies’ plates first, etc.
- Train staff to recognize resort packages sold and how to ring these using micros system.
- Embrace and practice all the resort’s standards.
- Interview, fill out personnel action forms, performance reviews, coaching and counseling forms.
- Schedule staff accordingly to ensure proper coverage and timely service.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience as a Restaurant Manager in a luxury hotel and or full service resort.
- Knowledge of Micros.
- Ability to make quick decisions in high stress situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Pleasant and positive personality.
- Well organized.