PM Public Area Attendant - Part Time - Starting $16.00
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Responsible for cleaning and maintenance of all public areas in hotel, conference center, and public restrooms.
- Perform routine cleaning tasks such as:
- Clean assigned restroom facilities (public and employee).
- Restock any necessary supplies such as amenities, toiletries, ladies’ necessities etc.Maintain cleanliness in the Front Desk, Concierge, Sales, Catering HR offices and business offices; such as vacuuming, dusting, and emptying trash bins.
- Keep restaurant clean. Dusting, wiping down, and vacuuming all areas routinely.
- Mop public areas.
- All the double doors (glass doors) must be cleaned.
- Perform tasks pertinent to Housekeeping at the end of every shift.
- Clean mail room and coffee area weekly.
- During summer - deep cleaning tasks must be completed in assigned areas.
- Maintain supply of bulk towels daily.
- Handle, store, and label all hazardous substances safely. If any incidents occur during the handling of hazardous substances report immediately and refer to the information in the Safety Data Sheet.
- The ability to employ proper use and maintenance of all equipment and supplies.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to complete any project assigned by the Director or Assistant Director of Housekeeping.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Prior hotel experience preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel continually to handle specific demands of quality guest service.
- Ability to extend arms, scrub, bend, stoop, stand and walk areas for extended periods of time.
- Ability to push, pull or lift heavy loads weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push and/or pull heavy furniture weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions hot, cold or wet.
- Hearing and visual ability to be able to observe and anticipate guest needs.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of job.
Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.