Host/Hostess (Mornings Saturday and Sunday) - Starting at $14.00 - Mountain Shadows
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off (Holidays/Vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?To work within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. To greet and seat guests with warm, friendly and sincere manner and escort them to their table. Make a good first impression, and insure they are happy when they leave. To manage seating charts and systems as well as relay pertinent information regarding guest requests to servers and management.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Arrive to work promptly and consistently follow schedule.
- Hold knowledge of the floor plan, server station assignments and table numbers.
- Inspect menus for cleanliness and crispness and change out when necessary.
- Walk through dining area and the Lounge, note and correct any irregularities (lights burned out, furniture crooked, etc. Check dining room and floors for cleanliness and takes actions where needed.
- Retrieve reservation books and manage daily reservation sheet. Maintain accurate seating chart and cover tally. Be able to make reservations accurately and courteously.
- Answer phones with knowledge of the operation of the Mountain Shadows and/or direct the guests for further assistance.
- Provide a smile and friendly greeting for guests, uses guest's name (if known), confirms number in party, asks guests for their seating preference and special needs, walks with guests at their pace to the table, alerts guests of steps and inclines, assists if necessary and informs server/manager of special needs.
- Present menus to guests and informs server of guest present at the table and returns to the lobby to greet guests, checks dining room for guests who are ready to leave.
- Acknowledge and thank guests when they are leaving, ask them to return, ask about their dining experience and follow through with the manager with any guest issues.
- When closing, inspect for cleanliness and prepare the station for the next day.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including CPR and fire evacuation procedures.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Good physical condition in order to remain on feet for a prolonged period of time and to move through the dining room and lobby to escort guests.
- Pleasant personality and neat appearance.
- Pleasant speaking voice and phone etiquette.
- Must enjoy extensive guest and employee contact.
- Previous food and beverage experience preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
What are we looking for?