PM Bartender - Mountain Shadows
At Pyramid Global Hospitality, people come first. As a company that values its employees, Pyramid Global Hospitality is dedicated to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment that fosters diversity, growth, development, and wellbeing. Our commitment to a People First culture is reflected in our approach to employee development, employee benefits and our dedication to building meaningful relationships.
Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a range of employment benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off, as well as unique perks such as on-site wellness programs, local discounts, and employee rates on hotel stays. In addition, Pyramid Global Hospitality is committed to providing ongoing training and development opportunities to help our people build the skills and knowledge they need to advance their careers.
Whether you are just starting out in the hospitality industry or are a seasoned professional, Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages growth and fosters success, in over 230 properties worldwide. Join their team and experience the benefits of working for a company that values its employees and is committed to creating exceptional guest experiences.
The Bartender will work within the framework of a quality food and beverage service team. To serve food and cocktails to our guests in a personable, courteous, and professional manner.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will adhere to these standards throughout guest service. Sales of food is an important component of the job. Food should be suggested to every guest.
- Be aware of all local liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages. Must have completed Alcohol Training Program.
- Will know all spirited beverages, cigars, and wines by the glass available. Will be familiar with wine list and be able to talk about regions, styles, and varietals of wines offered.
- Will know all drink recipes including garnish, glassware to be used and specific service, and will consistently use these recipes during production.
- Will know all drink prices and will consistently use these prices during service.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the micros ordering system and other check processing procedures.
- Be familiar with requisitioning, receiving, rotation and stocking procedures of all beverage items.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including the Heimlich maneuver and fire evacuation procedures.
- Will sign out bar keys from security. The keys will remain on the person at all times during shift. Bar is never to be left unlocked and unattended.
- Review bartender production stations to ensure they are completely stocked for quick and efficient service to the guests, waiters and cocktail servers.
- Fill all ice bins from ice throughout service.
- Set up glass washer with appropriate detergents and sanitizing solutions. Requisition and stock cleaning chemicals as needed.
- Will inform manager of any problems with beer, soda, or liquor dispensing systems.
- Will produce drinks as ordered by cocktail server and/or food server through the micros system. All direct guest orders will be entered into the P.O.S. system before production.
- Will use “bar brands” as specified when “call brands” are not requested by guest. Will produce drinks according to set recipes.
- In the event of a guest complaint, will replace drink and record on bad drink/spillage log, and submit with closing paperwork (tracking slip attached with MOD signature).
- Will maintain the bar area in a neat and clean manner throughout service.
- For direct guest orders, will obtain completed check from micros system and present to guest. Check will be kept current at all times and ready to present to guest. Will finalize check in system according to method of settlement.
- Perform post service duties in bar. Complete daily and weekly designated cleaning duties.
- Obtain service report from micros system and finalize all settlement transactions.
- Return and sign in bar keys at security.
- Work special group functions as required.
- Perform special duties as requested by the food and beverage supervisors.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions including on premise educational programs, wine tastings and daily pre-service meetings.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Previous bartender experience with working wine and spirits knowledge.
- Must be keen with an attention to detail.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guest questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service -- good communication skills.
- Good physical condition in order to remain on feet for a prolonged period of time.
- Must be able to properly lift, move and carry product weighing in excess of 75lb., and evaluate when assistance from another individual is necessary.
- Must be able to walk up a footstool to obtain and store liquor bottles in overhead cabinets.
- Must be able to bend down repeatedly to store and obtain beverages from coolers.
- Must be able to operate glass washing machine.
- Must be able to have hands in ice, detergent and water continuously.
- Must be able to work in an area with high noise levels (music, guest conversations), and still maintain guest service.
- Must be able to work outdoors in extreme temperatures.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
County Legal Requirements
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper uniform must be worn at all times.