Pastry Cook - Mountain Shadows
At Pyramid Global Hospitality, people come first. As a company that values its employees, Pyramid Global Hospitality is dedicated to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment that fosters diversity, growth, development, and wellbeing. Our commitment to a People First culture is reflected in our approach to employee development, employee benefits and our dedication to building meaningful relationships.
Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a range of employment benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off, as well as unique perks such as on-site wellness programs, local discounts, and employee rates on hotel stays. In addition, Pyramid Global Hospitality is committed to providing ongoing training and development opportunities to help our people build the skills and knowledge they need to advance their careers.
Whether you are just starting out in the hospitality industry or are a seasoned professional, Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages growth and fosters success, in over 230 properties worldwide. Join their team and experience the benefits of working for a company that values its employees and is committed to creating exceptional guest experiences.
The Pastry Cook will be responsible for creating superior quality desserts and will ensure that all pastry preparation and plate presentation is to established specifications of the Chef.
- Organize and clean pastry preparation stations as to maintain established par stocks, prep levels for efficient production and appearance while exceeding health code standards.
- Ensure all food preparation supplies are properly ordered, received, handled and stored.
- Assist wherever needed in any of the resort’s F&B food preparation outlets to ensure timely and smooth quality service.
- Develop positive working relations with all other departments.
- Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste and presentation.
- Aid in the concept, creativity, revision and implementation of all menus.
- Set the example as it relates to speed, cleanliness and accuracy.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Executive Chef and/or Pastry Chef.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Should have prior experience in a kitchen management position preferably in a quality banquet operation. Takes a tremendous amount of pride in their craft; is detail oriented.
- Must be in good physical condition; able to lift and carry 50 lbs. Required to stand for long periods of time in one area near hot equipment (ovens, burners, etc.). Must be able to work on slippery surfaces and under intense pressure.
- Must be responsible, insightful, organized, self-motivated and able to work flexible schedules.
- Must have good communication skills; able to interact with guests, and manage, train and motivate people. Strong leadership qualities a must
- Encourages and responds positively to constructive feedback.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
County Legal Requirements
- Must possess a Certified Food Handlers card, registered with Maricopa County, to be kept on file.
- White, double breasted chef's jacket to be provided by the company.
- Sturdy, polished black shoes