National Sales Manager - Mountain Shadows
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Works in a specific geographic market and selected vertical markets. Primarily involved as an outside sales person. Provides strategic guidance for individual sales team with a goal of achieving budgeted group room revenues.
- To manage all aspects of sales in a designated geographical market segment, while achieving specific individual and team goals.
- To prepare, present, and negotiate group service contract proposals, including pre-determining availability of rooms/meeting space; verifying group history; securing deposits from contracted groups; and negotiating within pre-set guidelines, or to variances established by the Director of Sales.
- To personally conduct site inspections with potential and current clients, including dining with them at one of the hotel restaurants.
- To travel on a regular basis to designated target cities, in order to directly solicit business and participate in industry show events.
- To work the Director of Sales + Marketing to design and implement territorial sales action plans, including setting personal and team goals, and creating and implementing promotions.
- To maintain cordial social and business contact with representatives of past, repeat, and potential group business.
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner, and take personal responsibility for the complete satisfaction of all in-house groups.
- To participate in manager focus groups, Mountain Shadows MOD program, and hotel industry associations (MPI, HSMA), and to attend hotel functions, as directed.
- To document all sales interactions in a clear, concise manner.
- To follow specified procedures to properly complete daily, weekly, and monthly sales activity reports.
- To follow all policies and procedures of Mountain Shadows.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing or Hotel Management, or equivalent experience required.
- Five years minimum experience in group sales in a hotel of comparable quality.
- Familiarity with industry terms required.
- Must have basic knowledge of accepted business writing formats and usage.
- Must be computer literate.
- Upscale/luxury level property and independent hotel experience preferred.