Maintenance Engineer - Starting at $16.00 Based off Experience - Mountain Shadows
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Maintenance Engineer will assist guests with maintenance or other requests, identifying and correcting the problem. Responsibilities also include performing various work order tasks and preventative maintenance on equipment.
- The Maintenance Engineer will perform PM and repair work to all types of building systems and some mechanical equipment within the hotel and grounds.
- The Maintenance Engineer will assist guests with service requests on an as needed basis.
- The Maintenance Engineer will need to learn, understand and become proficient in all computer based systems utilized by the Engineering department (i.e. energy management systems, electronic key systems, CMMS systems, HVACR controls, etc.).
- The Maintenance Engineer will work frequently with electrical circuits, plumbing systems as well as various power and hand tools.
- The Maintenance Engineer will have to meet challenges with a positive and proactive attitude.
- The Maintenance Engineer will have to perform work so that it is done on time and satisfactorily to all parties concerned.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Engineering.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must possess adequate written, verbal and spoken communication skills in the English Language.
- Must possess ability to follow instructions.
- Previous resort maintenance or a similar field is preferred.
- Proven mechanical aptitude in any of the following fields: HVACR, electrical, plumbing, commercial food equipment and building construction and/or repair.
- A basic understanding of Windows® based computer systems (Word, Excel, etc.) or the ability to learn pertinent applications for the engineering department is desirable.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Standing, walking, climbing ladders
- Lifting through full range (50+ lbs.)
- Physical flexibility enough to work in confined spaces
- Work in temperature extremes of heat, cold, inclement weather
- Ability to properly wear any required personal protective equipment
- Ability to work at heights above 6’