Maintenance Engineer - Mountain Shadows
Mountain Shadows is an icon of luxury and design located in Paradise Valley, Arizona. We are currently hiring for our Engineering Team. Seeking candidates who will live Mountain Shadow’s Promise to Care Enough to do it Well and to live by our Commitments of Passion, Integrity, Engagement, Collaboration, Image, Listening, Empowerment, Respect and Have Fun!
Position Summary: The Maintenance Engineer is an hourly staff position within the Engineering department. The main focus of this position is to perform preventive and/or unscheduled maintenance within the hotel. This person must be proactive in their approach to solving daily challenges. The Maintenance Engineer will respond to guest requests as well as perform other duties within the engineering department as directed by the Assistant Chief or Director of Engineering.
- The Maintenance Engineer will perform PM and repair work to all types of building systems and some mechanical equipment within the hotel and grounds.
- The Maintenance Engineer will assist guests with service requests on an as needed basis.
- The Maintenance Engineer will need to learn, understand and become proficient in all computer based systems utilized by the Engineering department (i.e. energy management systems, electronic key systems, CMMS systems, HVACR controls, etc.).
- The Maintenance Engineer will work frequently with electrical circuits, plumbing systems as well as various power and hand tools.
- The Maintenance Engineer will have to meet challenges with a positive and proactive attitude.
- The Maintenance Engineer will have to perform work so that it is done on time and satisfactorily to all parties concerned.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Engineering.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must possess adequate written, verbal and spoken communication skills in the English Language.
- Must possess ability to follow instructions.
- Previous resort maintenance or a similar field is preferred.
- Proven mechanical aptitude in any of the following fields: HVACR, electrical, plumbing, commercial food equipment and building construction and/or repair.
- A basic understanding of Windows® based computer systems (Word, Excel, etc.) or the ability to learn pertinent applications for the engineering department is desirable.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Standing, walking, climbing ladders
- Lifting through full range (50 lbs.)
- Physical flexibility enough to work in confined spaces
- Work in temperature extremes of heat, cold, inclement weather
- Ability to properly wear any required personal protective equipment
- Ability to work at heights above 6’