Kitchen Steward - Starting at $15.00 - Mountain Shadows
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?Transport and clean cooking utensils and service ware in order to provide, cooks, bus persons, and food servers with appropriate equipment’s for guests’ dining experience, also clean physical surroundings.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Promptly and carefully sort soiled ware so that it can be put through the dish or pot machine properly.
- Quickly wash all ware and replace in storage areas as designated.
- Maintain dish machine properly cleaned and filled with water per hotel standards.
- Operate burnishing machine to ensure proper finish on silverware.
- De-tarnish/polish silver for proper appearance.
- Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots and pans promptly and completely so cooks can carry out their work.
- Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Clean and dry foods to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Separate linen from other debris.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef and/or Cook I.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Knowledge of service ware and how to maintain same in order to compliment guest experience.
- Current Food Handler’s Card.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work long hours standing in one area and around extreme heat to perform essential job functions.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
- Willingness to learn, ability to follow directions and develop own skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Ability to push and/or pull service carts weighing up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry goods on a hand cart/truck weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Good communication skills, able to manage and motivate people.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- White double-breasted cook's jacket, black and white checkered pants, chef's hat, and apron, all to be provided by the company.
- Sturdy, polished black work shoes, to be provided by the employee.
- One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
County Legal Requirements
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.
What are we looking for?