HVAC Maintenance Engineer - Mountain Shadows
The HVAC Maintenance Engineer is an hourly staff position within the Engineering department. The main focus of this position is to perform preventive and/or unscheduled maintenance within the hotel specifically but not limited to HVAC/R. This person must be proactive in their approach to solving daily challenges. The HVAC Maintenance Engineer will respond to guest requests as well as perform other duties within the engineering department as directed by the Assistant Director or Director of Engineering.
- Performs all the duties of an HVAC Mechanic
- Performs repairs for the heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, and refrigeration systems in the hotel facilities
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests
- Communicate with guests or staff to resolve any HVAC maintenance issues
- Makes periodic rounds to all areas to support equipment and maintain operating log of conditions observed
- Responsible for maintaining records of work done, time records, and P/M records through the CMMS (Computerized maintenance management system)
- Update the work order log book and inform the Engineering control desk on the status of work done.
- Reads blue prints, works from manufacturer’s operating manuals or applies knowledge of equipment to devise appropriate repairs
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines
- Knowledgeable in methods to do advance troubleshooting of refrigerant system, control system and skilled in reclaiming refrigerant, insuring
proper regulatory paperwork on same
- Knowledgeable in sheet metal, AC duct fabrication and assembly
- Working knowledge of various Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Coordinates with service representative and others as necessary to accomplish installations or repairs
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and all utility shut-offs for buildings
- May instruct personnel in proper use and operation of heating/ air- conditioning equipment, etc
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must possess adequate written, verbal and spoken communication skills in the English Language.
- Must possess ability to follow instructions.
- At least 2 years of experience in resort maintenance or a similar field is preferred.
- Proven mechanical aptitude in any of the following fields: HVACR, electrical, plumbing, commercial food equipment and building construction
- A basic understanding of Windows® based computer systems (Word, Excel, etc.) or the ability to learn pertinent applications for the engineering department is desirable.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Standing, walking, climbing ladders
- Lifting through full range (50 lbs.)
- Physical flexibility enough to work in confined spaces
- Work in temperature extremes of heat, cold, inclement weather
- Ability to properly wear any required personal protective equipment
- Ability to work at heights above 6’