Housekeeping Supervisor - Mountain Shadows
Summary: The Housekeeping
Floor Supervisor provides support to facilitate the responsibilities of the Housekeeping
Manager. Understands and responds to all guest requests in a timely and
professional manner. Maintain adequate staffing levels. Provide training and
support to housekeeping staff.
- The ability to follow proper payroll and key procedures.
- The ability to collect room and floor status report sheets for assigned work areas
and assign room to Housekeepers as needed.
- The ability to train housekeeping employees in order to achieve the standards of
cleanliness in guest rooms.
- The ability to make recommendations and follow through on conflict resolution,
coaching and counseling, and, when appropriate, disciplinary action for
- The ability to provide excellent guest service in all areas of responsibility.
- The ability to inspect guest rooms, including VIP, vacant, occupied and check-out
rooms, to insure the standards are being achieved by each employee.
- The ability to monitor the performance of floor house persons so there are
sufficient supplies on the guest floor and the hallways, stairwells, elevator,
service area, and guest room doors, tracks, linen closets and armoires are
maintained according to standards.
- The ability to interpret all departmental policies, procedures, and standards
established by the Director of Housekeeping and Mountain Shadows.
- The ability to coordinate work orders in assigned areas and follow up on
- The ability to handle all lost and found items according to procedure.
- The ability to maintain the upkeep of all bedspreads, draperies, carpet cleaning,
sheers, bed skirts, and furniture refinishing.
- The ability to schedule and participate in departmental meetings.
- The ability to make sure floor storage areas and closets are kept in an orderly and
- The ability to inspect closets to ensure all items are stocked in orderly fashion
and in sufficient quantities.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and
knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be
able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions
of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other
combination of skills and abilities.
- Reading,writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Knowledge of the tasks performed by the Housekeeping Attendants.
- Familiar with the employee handbook, training manual, and job descriptions of all AM/P.M.
Housekeepers and House persons.
- Prior hotel experience preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of
occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective
equipment when required.
- Standing, squatting, walking, climbing stairs.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Work in temperature extremes of heat, cold, inclement weather.