Housekeeping Houseperson - Starting at $17.50 - Mountain Shadows
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark Hospitality is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
**Complementary daily breakfast, lunch and sodas (Cola). Base wage is $17 per hour plus gratuities, on average an additional $100 per week in gratuities!
Position Summary: Position is AM shift. Assist with duties of the Housekeeping Department by ensuring room attendants have sufficient linen in closets. House attendant will also assist in the cleaning of facilities around the hotel as well as job duties instructed by the Housekeeping Supervisor, Assistant Director of Housekeeping, and Director of Housekeeping.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
* The ability to follow payroll and key sign-out procedures.
* The ability to keep all guest corridors neat, vacuumed and dusted.
* The ability to clean mirrors, furniture, ash urns, elevators, and doors.
* The ability to inventory and maintain the cleanliness of all linen closets and empty trash.
* The ability to assist the housekeepers as necessary.
* The ability to resupply guest room supplies in the linen closet and armoires daily, as well as
* The ability to deliver and pick-up guest request items when assigned (i.e. irons, ironing boards). This also includes making up and delivering cribs and rollaways.
* The ability to assist the housekeepers by removing the trash and soiled linen from the guest rooms.
* The ability to deliver linen from the laundry to the floors, including armoires, as needed.
* The ability to spot clean furniture and carpets as instructed.
* The ability to maintain the cleanliness of the stairwells and service elevator areas by sweeping, mopping and dusting the areas.
* The ability to assist in moving beds and furniture as requested.
* The ability to offer assistance to guests when requested or needed.
* The ability to report any maintenance deficiencies to housekeeping.
* The ability to assist in putting on bed skirts, turning mattresses, removing or hanging sheers and drapes.
* The ability to employ proper use and maintenance of all equipment and supplies.
* The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
* The ability to complete any project assigned by the Director or Assistant Director of Housekeeping.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Prior hotel experience preferred.
- Experience in carpet cleaning preferred
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
* Ability to stand, sit, kneel continually to handle specific demands of quality guest service.
* Ability to extend arms, scrub, bend, stoop, stand and walk areas for extended periods of time.
* Ability to push, pull or lift heavy loads weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to push and/or pull heavy furniture weighing up to 100 lbs.
* Ability to work in extreme weather conditions hot, cold or wet.
* Hearing and visual ability to be able to observe and anticipate guest needs.
* Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of job.
What are we looking for?
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.