Front Office Supervisor - Mountain Shadows
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Front Office Supervisor is to oversee the operation of the Front Office ensuring the highest levels of guest service. The Supervisor settles guest problems and is empowered to act in the absence of a manager.
- The ability to display, at all times, a friendly, courteous and professional manner in all dealings with Residences owners, Hotel guests and other employees.
- The ability to welcome and register Residence owners and Hotel guests, with an emphasis on fulfilling requests; following special handling instructions and adhering to established credit policies and procedures.
- The ability to handle a multitude of requests at any given time
- The ability to quote and be familiar with room and rate availability for current and future dates.
- The ability to successfully complete a room reservation for any given time period knowing what types of accommodations, and rates are available. In addition, the ability to properly distinguish all said reservations as Residences or Hotel.
- The ability to recite all information regarding the Mountain Shadows facilities, hours of operation, key personnel, special events and activities, and functions in the hotel.
- The ability to assist Residence owners regarding their use options
- The ability to handle several telephone calls at any given time.
- The ability to offer adequate directions to the hotel from any location.
- The ability to select and block Residential rental units and hotel rooms for arriving guests
- The ability to assist Residence owners and hotel guests (when concierge is not available) with Concierge-type requests; knowledge of the local area as well as Arizona areas and attractions.
- The ability to handle owner and guest problems or complaints in conjunction with Management, keeping them well informed as to the problems and actions taken.
- The ability to utilize the computer system in running daily reports and posting charges and credits.
- The ability to communicate to all support departments any necessary information or requests.
- The ability to complete key packets and modify registration cards.
- The ability to check guests and owners in and out of the Residences and Hotel in accordance with specific procedures.
- The ability to make change, cash checks, and exchange foreign currency.
- The ability to maintain a balanced bank assigned to you from the Resort and to reconcile all transactions at the close of the shift and to cash out.
- The ability to train and retrain front desk staff members on all front desk related tasks and services.
- The ability to speak clearly and communicate via radio to other staff members.
- The ability to understand the tasks performed by a Telephone Operator, Reservations, Concierge, Housekeeper, Houseman, Valet, and Bell person.
- The ability to handle Hotel emergency procedures and situations with maturity and professionalism.
- The ability to perform other tasks and projects as delegated by the Director of Operations and Front Office Manager.
Additional Supervisory Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the initial and ongoing training of all new and existing front desk agents including Opera PMS as well as any and all Policies and Procedures of Mountain Shadows.
- Assisting the Front Office Manager on scheduling needs and concerns.
- Responsible for maintaining the current group resumes in the Group Resume Binder for constant use of up to date information.
- Responsible for overall appearance standards of all front desk agents.
- Responsible for constantly monitoring and improving current staff verbiage, removing slang and keeping the working environment consistently professional.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- At least 2-years front office experience in the hospitality industry.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Computer experience needed, preferably with Opera.
- Ability to stand and/or walk continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Clear, articulate telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Detailed and sales oriented.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Familiarity with the surrounding area is a plus.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health.