Front Desk Agent / PBX - Mountain Shadows
Position Summary: The Guest Service Agent is a key facilitator of the hotel guest's experience from arrival to departure. The main focus of the position is to provide a consistent, accurate friendly and sincere level of guest service to all guests. This may include in person at the front desk, as well as behind the scenes via telephone or texting systems.
- The ability to display, at all times, a friendly, courteous and professional manner in all dealings with Residences owners, Hotel guests and other employees.
- The ability to welcome and register Residence owners and Hotel guests, with an emphasis on fulfilling requests; following special handling instructions and adhering to established credit policies and procedures.
- The ability to quote and be familiar with room and rate availability for current and future dates.
- The ability to successfully complete a room reservation for any given time period knowing what types of accommodations, and rates are available. In addition, the ability to properly distinguish all said reservations as Residences or Hotel.
- Actively participate in the hotel’s upgrade program during guest arrival/departure as directed by hotel management.
- Promptly answer telephone calls with a warm, friendly and clear greeting.
- Listen carefully to requests to ensure understanding, direct calls to appropriate line and respond with appropriate action providing accurate information.
- Act as a liaison between guest and security, guest services and/or engineering. Provide timely information via paging system in response to emergencies and/or guest requests such as, but not limited to plumbing problems, airport transportation, etc.
- Answer basic inquiries such as, but not limited to time, extension numbers, outlet hours, etc.
- Remain calm and polite, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy resort activity.
- Maintain an alert, attentive, calm and reassuring tone of voice at all times.
- Be attentive to guest’s requests by communicating needs to appropriate departments in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Be fully aware of all emergency procedures.
- The ability to recite all information regarding the Mountain Shadows facilities, hours of operation, key personnel, special events and activities, and functions in the hotel.
- The ability to assist Residence owners regarding their use options
- The ability to handle several telephone calls at any given time.
- The ability to offer adequate directions to the hotel from any location.
- The ability to select and block Residential rental units and hotel rooms for arriving guests
- The ability to assist Residence owners and hotel guests with Concierge-type requests; knowledge of the local area as well as Arizona areas and attractions.
- The ability to handle owner and guest problems or complaints in conjunction with Management, keeping them well informed as to the problems and actions taken.
- The ability to utilize the computer system in running daily reports and posting charges and credits.
- The ability to complete key packets and modify registration cards.
- The ability to make change, cash checks, and exchange foreign currency.
- The ability to maintain a balanced bank assigned to you from the Resort and to reconcile all transactions at the close of the shift and to cash out.
- The ability to speak clearly and communicate via radio to other staff members.
- The ability to understand the tasks performed by a PBX Operator, Reservationists, Concierge, Room Attendant, Houseperson, Valet, and Bellperson.
- The ability to handle Hotel emergency procedures and situations with maturity and professionalism.
- The ability to perform other tasks and projects as delegated by the Director of Guest Operations, Front Office Manager, Night Manager, or Revenue and Reservations Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Computer experience needed, preferably with Opera.
- 1 Year Hotel/resort front desk experience required.
- Ability to stand and/or walk continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to sit continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Clear, articulate telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required
- Detailed and sales oriented.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Familiarity with the surrounding area is a plus.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.