Front Desk Agent - Mountain Shadows
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Front Desk Agent for Mountain Shadows will greet and register guests, provide prompt and courteous service, and closes out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet the high standards of quality.
- The ability to display, at all times, a friendly, courteous and professional manner in all dealings with Residences owners, Hotel guests and other employees.
- The ability to welcome and register Residence owners and Hotel guests, with an emphasis on fulfilling requests; following special handling instructions and adhering to established credit policies and procedures.
- The ability to quote and be familiar with room and rate availability for current and future dates.
- The ability to successfully complete a room reservation for any given time period knowing what types of accommodations, and rates are available. In addition, the ability to properly distinguish all said reservations as Residences or Hotel.
- Actively participate in the hotel’s up-sell program during guest arrival/departure as directed by hotel management.
- The ability to recite all information regarding the Mountain Shadows facilities, hours of operation, key personnel, special events and activities, and functions in the hotel.
- The ability to assist Residence owners regarding their use options
- The ability to handle several telephone calls at any given time.
- The ability to offer adequate directions to the hotel from any location.
- The ability to select and block Residential rental units and hotel rooms for arriving guests
- The ability to assist Residence owners and hotel guests with Concierge-type requests; knowledge of the local area as well as Arizona areas and attractions.
- The ability to handle owner and guest problems or complaints in conjunction with Management, keeping them well informed as to the problems and actions taken.
- The ability to utilize the computer system in running daily reports and posting charges and credits.
- The ability to communicate to all support departments any necessary information or requests.
- The ability to complete key packets and modify registration cards.
- The ability to check guests and owners in and out of the Residences and Hotel in accordance with specific procedures.
- The ability to make change, cash checks, and exchange foreign currency.
- The ability to maintain a balanced bank assigned to you from the Resort and to reconcile all transactions at the close of the shift and to cash out.
- The ability to speak clearly and communicate via radio to other staff members.
- The ability to understand the tasks performed by a PBX Operator, Reservationists, Concierge, Room Attendant, Houseperson, Valet, and Bellperson.
- The ability to handle Hotel emergency procedures and situations with maturity and professionalism.
- The ability to perform other tasks and projects as delegated by the Director of Guest Operations, Front Office Manager, Night Manager, or Revenue and Reservations Manager.