Food and Beverage Supervisor - Starting at $18.00 per hour
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Manager in overseeing the operation and staff of the restaurant to maintain the highest level of standards and efficiency.
- Will be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will adhere to these standards throughout our guests’ dining experience.
- Knowledge of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including the Heimlich maneuver and fire evacuation procedures.
- Have a detailed knowledge of all menu items including ingredients, preparation, required condiments, key descriptors and potential allergies.
- Be familiar with and enforce all Maricopa County health code regulations as they relate to the restaurant, bar and lounge. Train staff and follow up on all proper food handling, date marking, food storage, sanitization and hand washing procedures.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Will be able to service a five-table section during typical service demand.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the Micros system and other check processing procedures for dining room service. Able to help other employees with their questions and process discounts while still maintaining their assigned section.
- Have the ability to watch over and expedite food out of the kitchen in a timely and efficient manner; as well as ability to communicate effectively with the kitchen line and kitchen management staff.
- Keep watch over all staff’s running side work during shift. Check out staff member’s closing side work with a "manager’s eye" (attention to the details and thoroughly completed).
- At the end of service, will make sure appropriate amount of glassware and flatware was polished, roll-ups completed and sections detailed for the next service period.
- Check our service staff’s closing paperwork: check accuracy of all discounts and comps, make sure appropriate information is filled out and signatures are obtained, gratuities are correctly documented, currency is correctly counted and dropped.
- Have the ability to lead staff during any service period with motivation, organizational skills, good communication and patience.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional manner with guests, vendors, coworkers and all hotel management.
- Be conscientious of the cleanliness of the restaurant, bar and lounge. Work closely with staff to ensure that our standards are being met.
- Take initiative to identify and begin cleaning and organizational projects during slower periods in service.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager as well as the Food and Beverage Manager.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
- Previous food & beverage experience required.
- Good physical condition in order to lift moderate weight and remain on feet for prolonged period of time.
- A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Knowledge of food, beer, wine and spirits.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere.
- Ability to work well with management and fellow employees.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health.
County Legal Requirements
- Must schedule and complete Maricopa County Food Service Managers course.
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training including Title 4 Manager training.