Food & Beverage Coordinator
The F&B Coordinator will collaborate in close conjunction with the F&B Manager in all aspects of F&B operations. To assist with in the f&b department to ensure smooth operation of the department with guest satisfaction as the first priority. Responsibilities will include administrative duties involving the composition of menus, documents and spreadsheets, restaurant reservations as well as assisting hands-on in the operations
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing restaurant reservations for large groups. Will record messages, set-up reservation books, fax menus to clients and train personnel in this regard when necessary. Will work with Restaurant Manager to ensure adequate phone coverage during prescribed hours, taking reservations and transferring phones when necessary.
- Must track and code all F&B invoices and keep a running tally of expenses to ensure optimal financial performance as well as aid in the following years budgeting process. Assists with month-end P&L research and commentary.
- Creatively designs and composes daily and special event menus. Is responsible for coordinating, the restaurant, room service, pool bar and cabanas, verbiage and release dates with f&b manager. Orders paper and office supplies to achieve this task, ensures adequate supply is on hand.
- Creates and maintains filing systems and forms in order to operate department efficiently, (training manuals, special events, uniform issue etc.) Must be proficient with the point of sale system and enter new menus and prices on a monthly basis.
- Files and distributes banquet event orders; addends weekly F&B meetings an compiles minutes.
- Coordinates and works all off property special events such as Scottsdale Culinary Festival, Flavor of Phoenix etc.
- Fills in wherever necessary to ensure smooth operations with a focus on guest satisfaction which may include assisting with Host (ess) duties
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Manager.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Should have a passion for food and wine, and the hospitality industry in general. Has a keen desire to function in a supporting role on a first class team.
- Must have prior experience in restaurant operations, and willing to assist whenever and wherever needed (bussing tables, hosting, dishing up banquets etc.)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be familiar with Point-of -Sales systems.
- Must be responsible, insightful, organized and self-motivated.
- Must have good communication skills; able to interact with guests, staff and support departments.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
County Legal Requirements
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training.