Engineering Administrator/ Dispatch - Mountain Shadows
Position Summary: To provide clerical and administrative support to the functions of the Engineering department and the Director of Engineering.
- To satisfactorily perform, as directed, routine clerical and administrative tasks, including typing; filing; generating and distributing correspondence; recording; transcribing and distributing minutes; handling mail; and producing all necessary documents.
- To provide professional telephone support to the Engineering offices.
- Effectively process, coordinate, manage and assign Engineering service requests as necessary.
- To receive all guests, employees, or business associates in a professional manner, assisting to resolve problems when possible.
- To courteously and effectively answer all guest and other departmental inquiries regarding hotel facilities, services, and programs.
- To maintain daily, monthly, and annual calendars for the Director of Property Operations, providing daily time management support, as needed.
- To follow specified procedures to correctly process supply and equipment requisitions from the department, including initiating purchase orders; routing all requisitions through the executive office for approval; and typing and distributing purchase orders.
- To maintain adequate stock of office supplies, to ensure efficient and professional secretarial support to the Director of Property Operations office.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Engineering.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years’ minimum experience in similar position.
- Must be thoroughly knowledgeable of all office systems and relevant machines.
- Written, spoken and reading proficiency in the English language.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel and other related computer knowledge.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health.