Director of Sales
At Pyramid Global Hospitality, people come first. As a company that values its employees, Pyramid Global Hospitality is dedicated to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment that fosters diversity, growth, development, and wellbeing. Our commitment to a People First culture is reflected in our approach to employee development, employee benefits and our dedication to building meaningful relationships.
Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a range of employment benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off, as well as unique perks such as on-site wellness programs, local discounts, and employee rates on hotel stays. In addition, Pyramid Global Hospitality is committed to providing ongoing training and development opportunities to help our people build the skills and knowledge they need to advance their careers.
Whether you are just starting out in the hospitality industry or are a seasoned professional, Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages growth and fosters success, in over 230 properties worldwide. Join their team and experience the benefits of working for a company that values its employees and is committed to creating exceptional guest experiences.
We currently have an opening for a Director of Sales at Mountain Shadows Resort in Paradise Valley, AZ. The ideal candidate will lead and manage the Sales team ensuring a high level of professionalism, guest service and profitability. Develop business leads, solicit potential clients, service existing accounts, sell all hotel facilities, target business in assigned market segment and meet and exceed sales goals for rate, occupancy, and revenue. Consistently perform our standards of service, interact with guests, clients and all hotel team members in a professional manner and have a “Yes I Can" attitude.
Mountain Shadows Resort, nestled in the haven of Paradise Valley, seamlessly combines modern elegance with the surrounding landscape. The resort's contemporary design and prime location at the foot of Camelback Mountain offer guests a sophisticated retreat, characterized by clear skies, lush greenery, and panoramic views.
- To hire, train, schedule, coach, counsel and motivate employees directly accountable to their position, to maintain the highest possible levels of employee morale and department productivity.
- To attain established personal monthly, quarterly, and annual goals for group room nights, room revenues, banquet revenues, and bottom-line, and to support the attainment of similar team goals for the Sales Department.
- To monitor group arrival/departure patterns, rates, room blocks, public space allocations and special negotiations for all Sales Managers.
- To oversee transient sales market segments of the hotel, but not limited to leisure, corporate, Consortia relations, and package sales.
- To participate in revenue management for the hotel.
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- To prepare the annual departmental budget, according to the specifications set forth by the property GM, Director of Finance and Ownership.
- To continually monitor and control departmental expenditures to ensure meeting operational standards while maintaining annual budget.
- To meet established deadlines to accurately complete all weekly, monthly, and lost business reports, and lost business reports, and any other miscellaneous reports, as requested.
- To develop and maintain a strong working relationship with representatives of companies in outside markets, to promote business.
- To accurately maintain sales and marketing records, including logs of daily occupancy and ADR, and records of leads given to the Sales Department.
- To maintain cordial and professional relationships with long-time key group and transient accounts’ representatives, and to pro-actively solicit their repeat business.
- To closely monitor the results of all Sales Reps. Working on a retainer basis for the hotel, in order to ensure optimal performance.
- To assist the Sales Managers in their contract negotiations, and actively support their development of promotional ideas.
- To participate within the property Executive Committee and attend resort functions, as directed.
- To properly document HR/Payroll transactions, as directed.
- To promote and comply with all policies and procedures of the property.
- To collaborate and effectively communicate within the sales team and other departments.
- To conduct regular departmental operations meetings.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
- To perform additional duties as requested by the General Manager.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Hotel Management preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Ten years’ minimum experience in Sales in the hotel industry, including at least three years in group sales in a hotel of comparable quality, and at least three years supervisory experience.
- Requires a basic understanding of the operations of all departments in the hotel, and what role each department plays in group business.
- Must be skilled in accepted business presentation formats.
- Familiar with OPERA, OSEM, and Microsoft Office