Director of Catering and Conference Services
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Position Summary: To oversee the operations of catering sales and conference services including scheduling, performance reviews, and goal achievement. Also to service all phases of social, corporate, and group meeting/catering functions; coordinate these activities on a daily basis; assist clients in program planning and menu design/selection; solicit local group catering business.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Maintain services and reputation the hotel.
- Act as a management representative to group clients.
- Coordinate the booking of all meeting space within the Catering Office.
- Solicit local food and beverage functions.
- Coordinate with event planners their specific group requirements with offered services and facilities on site and off site venues. Off site venues to include but not limited to: golf, transportation, restaurants, and museums.
- Confirm all details relative to functions with meeting/catering planners.
- Distribute to necessary departments detailed information relative to group activities.
- Assist the catering manager, supervise and coordinate meeting/catering setups and service.
- Assist in menu planning, preparation, and pricing.
- Assist with referrals to the sales department.
- Set up and maintain catering files.
- Attend Sales meetings, BEO meetings, and staff meetings.
- Assist Food and Beverage Director with setting and maintaining Catering Budgets.
- Prepare and Distribute Catering Revenue 3 month forecast on a monthly basis and applicable catering pace reports.
- Coordinates with catering service personnel, the kitchen, reservations, accounting, front office, spa, restaurant, and shipping and receiving to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist Director of Marketing with marketing efforts as it pertains to Catering business.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Scheduling to ensure proper coverage based upon business demands.
- Interview, hire and maintain the highest qualified, motivated personnel.
- Provide leadership to ensure high quality, knowledgeable personnel.
- Implementation of recognition programs, performance evaluations as well as coaching/counseling of catering support staff.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years+ experience as a Director or Manager in a high end Catering environment
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form with the public as well as other team members.
- Essential statistical and analytical skills required to identify revenue opportunities and shortfalls.
- Ability to work both independently and cross-functionally to achieve goals.
- Ability to thrive in a multi-tasked and fast-paced environment.
- Someone with the availability to work when the events are happening, i.e. weekends, nights and holidays
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0043150