Director of Catering & Conference Services - Mountain Shadows
Position Summary: To oversee the operations of catering sales and conference services including scheduling, performance reviews, and goal achievement. Also to service all phases of social, corporate, and group meeting/catering functions; coordinate these activities on a daily basis; assist clients in program planning and menu design/selection; solicit local group catering business.
* Maintain services and reputation the hotel.
* Act as a management representative to group clients.
* Coordinate the booking of all meeting space within the Catering Office.
* Solicit local food and beverage functions.
* Coordinate with event planners their specific group requirements with offered services and facilities on site and off site venues. Off site venues to include but not limited to: golf, transportation, restaurants, and museums.
* Confirm all details relative to functions with meeting/catering planners.
* Distribute to necessary departments detailed information relative to group activities.
* Assist the catering manager, supervise and coordinate meeting/catering setups and service.
* Assist in menu planning, preparation, and pricing.
* Assist with referrals to the sales department.
* Set up and maintain catering files.
* Attend Sales meetings, BEO meetings, and staff meetings.
* Assist Food and Beverage Director with setting and maintaining Catering Budgets.
* Prepare and Distribute Catering Revenue 3 month forecast on a monthly basis and applicable catering pace reports.
* Coordinates with catering service personnel, the kitchen, reservations, accounting, front office, spa, restaurant, and shipping and receiving to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Assist Director of Marketing with marketing efforts as it pertains to Catering business.
* Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
* Scheduling to ensure proper coverage based upon business demands.
* Interview, hire and maintain the highest qualified, motivated personnel.
* Provide leadership to ensure high quality, knowledgeable personnel.
* Implementation of recognition programs, performance evaluations as well as coaching/counseling of catering support staff.
EDUCATION:Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. College education preferred.
EXPERIENCE:Minimum of five years combined Catering Sales management and/or director experience required. Wedding Catering sales and operation experience required. Experience working with Opera or Delphi a must.
LICENSES or CERTIFICATES
APPEARANCE:Highly professional appearance. All Mountain Shadows professionals must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific standards must be followed.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment.
* Computer skills and typing abilities a must.
* Good telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required.
* Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
* Detailed and sales oriented.
* Organizational skills a must.
* Ability to stand, walk and/or sit continuously to perform essential job
* Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health.