Digital Marketing Specialist - Mountain Shadows/Hotel Valley Ho
Position Summary: This is a position to assist the area director of sales and marketing for Hotel Valley Ho and Mountain Shadows. As such, the position will involve work for both properties. The digital marketing specialist will assist with managing websites, social media content, managing third party referral platforms, electronic distributions, smaller graphic design projects and coordinating the communication efforts among all departments, and other miscellaneous marketing needs.
* Assist with Navis system - manage database & custom phone numbers, build custom lists, create newsletters
* Manage online website listings
* Writing for newsletters, brochures, social media, websites, and other marketing materials
* Gather information from departments for media inquiries, newsletters, websites, etc.
* Ensure consistent and accurate copy across all communications
* Create content for social media
* Update and manage third party referral sites (i.e. Trip Advisor, Yelp, etc.)
* Assist with reputation management duties - respond to comments/posts
* Update the websites with events, specials, etc.
* Fill in for PR director on select occasions (media inquiries, lunches, etc.)
* Assist with content gathering and editing for the blog sites
* Create reports each month with details on marketing/PR efforts
* Serve as point-person for on-site photo shoots
* Assist with menu formatting, proofing and printing for restaurant outlets
* Other tasks as needed
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Work experience or degree in marketing, graphic design, public relations, communications or related field.
* Knowledge of website CMS programs
* Understand basics of design software
* Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
* Typing skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and basic photo editing. Computer literacy essential.
* Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
* Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
* Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
* Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.