Cook III - Starting at $16.50 - Mountain Shadows
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Hearth '61 was recently voted Best Hotel Restaurant in the Phoenix New Times best of Phoenix '21! Hearth ’61 serves seasonal American fare that is rich in tradition. Renowned Chef Charles Wiley takes his inspiration from the beautiful flavors of local and organic ingredients, crafting food that is delightful in its simplicity paired with dramatic mountain views.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Job Description Summary
Responsible for general preparation and serving of assigned hot menu items, and the cleanliness and organization of workstation. Must develop a sense of color and detail, as most of the work is oriented toward eye appeal as well as taste.
* Assist in preparing items in assigned area, following designated recipes and production sheets. Required to work long hours standing in one area and in extreme heat. Must be able to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
* Assist in the break down and cleaning of station at the end of a meal and the end of a shift. Avoid waste through the proper preparation and storage of food.
* Maintain high level of sanitation, organization and cleanliness. Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Dept. regulations on assigned station at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temperatures etc.)
* Give proper use and care to equipment furnished by Mountain Shadows.
* Be familiar with Mountain Shadows guidelines and procedures, and conduct yourself accordingly. Always projects a positive attitude and a spirit of teamwork. Respects the priorities of others.
* Perform any job related task as directed by supervisor.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Need basic kitchen experience. Must be capable of handling knives, mixers and items generally found in the kitchen environment.
* Willingness to learn, ability to follow directions and develop own skills.
* Must be able to work well with people under pressure.
* Must be able to work quickly and safely.
* Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
County Legal Requirements
* Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in the food beverage department.
What are we looking for?
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0042756