Cook III - $500 HIRING BONUS - Mountain Shadows
Responsible for general preparation and serving of assigned hot menu items, and the cleanliness and organization of workstation. Must develop a sense of color and detail, as most of the work is oriented toward eye appeal as well as taste.
- Assist in preparing items in assigned area, following designated recipes and production sheets. Required to work long hours standing in one area and in extreme heat.
- Must be able to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Assist in the break down and cleaning of station at the end of a meal and the end of a shift. Avoid waste through the proper preparation and storage of food.
- Maintain high level of sanitation, organization and cleanliness. Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Dept. regulations on assigned station at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitize, refrigerator temperatures etc.)
- Give proper use and care to equipment furnished by Mountain Shadows.
- Be familiar with Mountain Shadows guidelines and procedures, and conduct yourself accordingly. Always projects a positive attitude and a spirit of teamwork. Respects the priorities of others.
- Perform any job related task as directed by supervisor.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Need basic kitchen experience. Must be capable of handling knives, mixers and items generally found in the kitchen environment.
- Willingness to learn, ability to follow directions and develop own skills.
- Must be able to work well with people under pressure.
- Must be able to work quickly and safely.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
County Legal Requirements
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.