Cook II - Starting at $15.50 - Mountain Shadows
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?The Cook II assists the Cook I and the Chef on Duty in the daily production and fabrication of food products for cafeteria, banquet, Dining Room and Fine Dining Room.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Responsible for the preparation, taste and presentation of all menu items in an advanced capacity on assigned station. Prepare a set par according to distinct levels of business. Must be knowledgeable regarding approved and safe food-handling techniques. Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Dept regulations on assigned station at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temperatures etc.)
- Cook and serve all items required by menu, following designated recipes and procedures. Required to work long hours standing in one area and in extreme heat. Must be able to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Break down and thoroughly clean station at the end of a meal and the end of a shift. Avoid waste through the proper preparation and storage of food.
- Check with supervisors as to special projects or instructions.
- Perform any job related task as directed by supervisor.
- Be familiar with Mountain Shadows guidelines and procedures, and conduct yourself accordingly. Always projects a positive attitude and spirit of teamwork. Respects the priorities of others.
- May be scheduled to relieve other cooks within the company.
- Take the initiative in maintaining a clean, safe and sanitary working environment.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- A least two years’ experience in a kitchen, with ability to work various stations with a minimum of supervision.
- Prior grill and broiler experience.
- Must be experienced in the preparation of soups and sauces.
- Must be able to consistently deliver high quality product quickly and while under pressure.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
What are we looking for?