Cook II - Mountain Shadows
At Pyramid Global Hospitality, people come first. As a company that values its employees, Pyramid Global Hospitality is dedicated to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment that fosters diversity, growth, development, and wellbeing. Our commitment to a People First culture is reflected in our approach to employee development, employee benefits and our dedication to building meaningful relationships.
Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a range of employment benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off, as well as unique perks such as on-site wellness programs, local discounts, and employee rates on hotel stays. In addition, Pyramid Global Hospitality is committed to providing ongoing training and development opportunities to help our people build the skills and knowledge they need to advance their careers.
Whether you are just starting out in the hospitality industry or are a seasoned professional, Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages growth and fosters success, in over 230 properties worldwide. Join their team and experience the benefits of working for a company that values its employees and is committed to creating exceptional guest experiences.
The Cook II assists the Cook I and the Chef on Duty in the daily production and fabrication of food products for cafeteria, banquet, Dining Room and Fine Dining Room.
- Responsible for the preparation, taste and presentation of all menu items in an advanced capacity on assigned station. Prepare a set par according to distinct levels of business. Must be knowledgeable regarding approved and safe food-handling techniques. Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Dept regulations on assigned station at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temperatures etc.)
- Cook and serve all items required by menu, following designated recipes and procedures. Required to work long hours standing in one area and in extreme heat. Must be able to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Break down and thoroughly clean station at the end of a meal and the end of a shift. Avoid waste through the proper preparation and storage of food.
- Check with supervisors as to special projects or instructions.
- Perform any job related task as directed by supervisor.
- Be familiar with Mountain Shadows guidelines and procedures, and conduct yourself accordingly. Always projects a positive attitude and spirit of teamwork. Respects the priorities of others.
- May be scheduled to relieve other cooks within the company.
- Take the initiative in maintaining a clean, safe and sanitary working environment.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- A least two years’ experience in a kitchen, with ability to work various stations with a minimum of supervision.
- Prior grill and broiler experience.
- Must be experienced in the preparation of soups and sauces.
- Must be able to consistently deliver high quality product quickly and while under pressure.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.