Conference Services Manager - Mountain Shadows
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Coordinating social functions by ascertaing detailed information regarding all aspects of the event, publishing detailed contracts and advising the client during the planning process to ensure a successful event.
FLSA Designation: NON-EXEMPT - HOURLY
- Respond in a timely manner to all communications.
- Systematically establish, build, and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Maintain services and reputation the hotel.
- Act as a hotel representative to group clients.
- Coordinate with event planners their specific group requirements with offered services and facilities on site and off site venues. Off-site venues to include but not limited to: golf, transportation, restaurants, and museums.
- Confirm all details relative to functions with meeting/catering planners.
- Distribute to necessary departments detailed information relative to group activities.
- Attends all industry trade shows as scheduled by the DOSM.
- Prepares menu proposals, general program need, banquet event orders, and all booking forms needed to detail corporate and social catering business.
- Works within the Catering & Group Guidelines and policies as established by the DOCS, DOC, and DOSM.
- Communicates all details regarding catering & group events to other departments as needed.
- Assist in menu planning, preparation, and pricing.
- Coordinates necessary outside vendors for events.
- Interfaces with the catering & group clients from the initial lead call to follow through with event details, day of the event client contact, event operation coordination with the Banquet Department, and post-event follow up.
- Conducts client site visits and approved tastings.
- Attends daily culinary meetings, weekly sales meetings, and weekly staff meetings.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Director of Catering + Conference Services and Director of Sales and Marketing.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. College education preferred.
Two to three years combined Catering/Conference Services experience required. Experience working with Opera or Delphi a must.
Highly professional appearance. All Mountain Shadows Resort professionals must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific standards must be followed.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment.
- Computer skills and typing abilities a must.
- Good telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Detailed and sales oriented.
- Organizational skills a must.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit continuously to perform essential job
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health.