Concierge Full Time - Starting at $15.50
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The concierge agent coordinates all guest service activities to ensure that guests get the most out of their stay. The main focus of the position is to provide a consistent, accurate friendly and sincere level of guest service to all guests at the hotel.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer all questions pertaining to guest activities.
- Coordinate personal services with Resort Drivers, Van and Cars, to offer, but not limited to, the following:
- Airline reservation and transportation to and from airports.
- Car rentals, sightseeing and individual tour services.
- Provide knowledgeable information on daily in house activities. Read function sheet and VIP arrival notices on a daily basis.
- Provide information on outside facilities such as shopping and surrounding points of interest.
- Show and sports event tickets.
- Respond to inquiries with accurate information regarding directions to local attractions.
- Coordinate the daily activity schedules for the Resort Drivers in accordance with arrival and departures of guests.
- Cooperate with and assist other members of Front Office staff, as applicable.
- Perform other related duties as requested by superiors.
- Focus on the initial set up and organization of the Concierge Desk.
- Gather all necessary information, brochures and materials.
- Be prepared to answer guest questions and provide professional and knowledgeable advice on all recreational activities.
- Prepare guest activity schedules.
- Reserve and coordinate guest transportation as required.
- Attend Front Office and Resort Meetings as required.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure all guest needs are completed.
- Follow employee guidelines as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Be fully aware of all emergency procedures.
- Act in a professional manner in all situations equally with guests as well as peers.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef Concierge.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment.
- Computer experience needed.
- Good telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Detailed and sales oriented.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials on display racks, in drawers or on shelves.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.