Beverage Cart Attendant - Mountain Shadows
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off (Holidays/Vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?To work within the framework of a quality food and beverage service team. To serve food and cocktails to our guests in a personable, courteous, and professional manner.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Will be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will adhere to these standards throughout our guests dining experience. Sales of food are an important component of the job. Food should be suggested to every guest.
- Will be aware of all local liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages. Will have completed a BACE course
- Will know all spirited beverages available including ingredients, garnish, and specific service. Must have a strong knowledge of the wine list, wine by the glass, the menus and hours of operation
- Will have a strong working knowledge of the micros ordering system and other check processing procedures.
- Will be familiar with emergency safety measures including the Heimlich maneuver and fire evacuation procedures.
- Will set up and stock cocktail service stations, including the service bar station. Sanitizer, bus tubs, trash can. Station will be maintained in clean and orderly fashion throughout the service period.
- Will ensure all tables and chairs in service areas are clean. Will maintain the cleanliness of these tables throughout the service period. Candles, table tents and flowers looking presentable at all times.
- Will ensure ample supplies of bar snacks and bowls as well as candles in lounge and lobby are ready for service by 5pm.
- Will greet guests within two minutes and set snack bowl on table during appropriate hours. Will obtain beverage order and input into the micros system as instructed. Orders should be given to the bartender in the established call order. Customers of questionable age will be required to present a valid I.D. card so it can be swiped in our id machine.
- Will pick up drinks from bartender and garnish according to standard recipes.
- Will serve guests by set service standards.
- Will circulate through service area continually to obtain repair orders, pick up dirty glassware, and tend to general needs of guests.
- When requested by guest, will obtain completed check from micros system and present to guest.
- After guests have departed, will remove dirty glassware and snack bowl; will wipe table.
- Will organize and clean service area.
- Will obtain service report from micros system and finalize all settlement transactions. Will be responsible and held accountable for all unsigned guest checks and will report these to manager.
- Will determine gratuity distribution by set department standards.
- Will work special group functions as required.
- Will perform special duties as requested by the food and beverage supervisors.
- Will attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Will assist bartender in closing duties. Check all patios for dirty tables/chairs, sweep, check heaters, etc.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Previous cocktail and wine service experience. Previous food service experience preferred.
- Must be keen with an attention to details.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guest questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Well groomed appearance according to company standards.
- Good physical condition in order to lift moderate weights.
- Remain on feet for a prolonged period of time.
- Must be able to carry cocktail tray with one hand and distribute cocktails with the second hand -- cocktail tray could weigh up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to bend down repeatedly with a full tray weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Communication skills: order cocktails in an established call order; bartender; guest conversation about Mountain Shadows and surrounding area.
- Assist in restaurant and catering areas.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
County Legal Requirements
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training.
What are we looking for?