Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Barback is responsible for setting up hospitality and function carts, filling requisitions for Bartenders and Beverage Servers and helping to set-up functions.
- Will be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will adhere to these standards throughout our guests’ dining experience.
- Will assist servers with general service; will assist with removal of completed courses from the table.
- Will be able to service a twelve-table station without assistance during typical service demand.
- After guests have been seated, will provide water service to the table. Will replenish throughout service.
- Will set up and stock service stations in kitchen and dining room. Will restock stations throughout service.
- Will clear and reset dirty tables as quickly and quietly as possible after guests depart. Including breakfast table set-up and making sure things are placed to perfection.
- Will break down bus trays at dishwashing station; will assist dishwashers when needed.
- Will perform post service duties in kitchen and dining room in a generally expedient manner.
- Must know table and position numbers, and be able to fulfill role as Food Runner as dictated by the schedule.
- Will assist servers to ensure that all tables in dining room are set to standards.
- Will work together with other server assistants to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including Heimlich maneuver, CPR and fire evacuation procedures.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.