Banquet Sous Chef - Mountain Shadows
Position Summary:Supervises Cooks, Pantry and Utility persons. Responsible for consistent preparation and serving of menu items and the cleanliness and organization of assigned kitchen. Directly responsible for entire kitchen operation in Chefs absence. Ensures all food preparation and presentation is to specifications established by Chef.
* Responsible for organization and cleanliness of all food preparation areas as to maintain established par stocks, prep levels, efficient production in an advanced and supervisory capacity. Ensure that all food preparation supplies are properly received, handled and stored. Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Dept regulations on assigned station at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temperatures etc.)
* Completely responsible for food preparation department during Chefs absence. May be required to work long hours standing in one area and in extreme heat.
* Aid or assist wherever and whenever needed to ensure timely, smooth quality service. Ensure that all stations are properly staffed. Must be able to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
* Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste, and presentation.
* Assist Chef in administrative functions pertaining to scheduling and the control of food and labor costs.
* Maintain high employee morale and a good reliable staff; motivate and train cooks.
* Ensure that all employees maintain high standards of dress and personal hygiene.
* Ensure proper maintenance and care is exhibited by all employees toward equipment furnished by Mountain Shadows.
* Always projects a positive attitude; embrace and supports Mountain Shadows guidelines and procedures.
* Takes an active role in the preparation and service of the cuisine in the employee cafeteria.
* Responsible for any other duties as assigned by Chef.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Should have four years’ kitchen experience or equivalent formal education.
* Must be self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
* Must have ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
* Must be able to maintain good working relationships and always work in a very professional manner.
* Must have good communication skills, able to manage and motivate people.
* Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
County Legal Requirements
* Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.