Assistant Golf Professional - Mountain Shadows
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?To assist with the daily management of the golf operation of the The Short Course at Mountain Shadows.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
* Assist with golfer check-in and fee collection: control and manage play.
* Make golf reservations.
* Assist with all opening and closing procedures.
* Assist in managing tournament operations including planning, pre-tournament contracts, post- tournament billing, promotion, course set-up, prep, scoring, prize distribution, and follow up.
* Assist with management of outside services staff to ensure the highest of customer service expectations are met.
* Assist in the inventory control to include ordering, receiving, inputting and pricing. Maintain attractive and orderly retail appearance in golf shop.
* Guest relations, greeting and introducing guests to our facility, directing guests around our facility, meeting and exceeding the needs of our guests, providing consistent genuine and friendly hospitality.
* Some short game golf instruction as needed.
* Perform additional duties as requested by the Head Golf Professional and/or Director of Golf.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the Responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Registered as a PGA apprentice preferred.
* Registered in Level 1 of the PGA/PGM preferred.
* Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf.
* Experienced computer user to include, Microsoft Word and Excel and other computer applications such as retail POS & tee time software
* Able to meet the minimum physical requirements.
* Able to work in guest service environment and communicate effectively.
Specific Functions of Position: The specific functions listed below are the responsibility of each Assistant Golf Professional in addition to the responsibilities of the position.
* To create a positive, professional and friendly environment for our members, guests and fellow associates.
* To promote teamwork throughout the facility.
* To maintain a look of organization and cleanliness throughout the golf shop and offices consistently each day.
* Involvement throughout the facility as prescribed by management.
* Actively promote the game of golf and tournament preparations with our members and guests.
* Maintain the goals and direction prescribed by management.
* Share thoughts and ideas of how to improve the facility around you.
What are we looking for?