Assistant Golf Professional - Mountain Shadows
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:To assist with the daily management of the golf operation of the The Short Course at Mountain Shadows .
* Assist with golfer check-in and fee collection: control and manage play.
* Make golf reservations.
* Assist with all opening and closing procedures.
* Assist in managing tournament operations including planning, pre-tournament contracts, post- tournament billing, promotion, course set-up, prep, scoring, prize distribution, and follow up.
* Assist with management of outside services staff to ensure the highest of customer service expectations are met.
* Assist in the inventory control to include ordering, receiving, inputting and pricing. Maintain attractive and orderly retail appearance in golf shop.
* Guest relations, greeting and introducing guests to our facility, directing guests around our facility, meeting and exceeding the needs of our guests, providing consistent genuine and friendly hospitality.
* Some short game golf instruction as needed.
* Perform additional duties as requested by the Head Golf Professional and/or Director of Golf.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the Responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Registered as a PGA apprentice preferred.
* Registered in Level 1 of the PGA/PGM preferred.
* Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf.
* Experienced computer user to include, Microsoft Word and Excel and other computer applications such as retail POS & tee time software
* Able to meet the minimum physical requirements.
* Able to work in guest service environment and communicate effectively.
Specific Functions of Position: The specific functions listed below are the responsibility of each Assistant Golf Professional in addition to the responsibilities of the position.
* To create a positive, professional and friendly environment for our members, guests and fellow associates.
* To promote teamwork throughout the facility.
* To maintain a look of organization and cleanliness throughout the golf shop and offices consistently each day.
* Involvement throughout the facility as prescribed by management.
* Actively promote the game of golf and tournament preparations with our members and guests.
* Maintain the goals and direction prescribed by management.
* Share thoughts and ideas of how to improve the facility around you.