Assistant Golf Professional - Mountain Shadows
* Assist with golfer check-in and fee collection: control and manage play.
* Make golf reservations.
* Assist with all opening and closing procedures.
* Assist in managing tournament operations including planning, pre-tournament contracts, post- tournament billing, promotion, course set-up, prep, scoring, prize distribution, and follow up.
* Assist with management of outside services staff to ensure the highest of customer service expectations are met.
* Assist in the inventory control to include ordering, receiving, inputting and pricing. Maintain attractive and orderly retail appearance in golf shop.
* Guest relations, greeting and introducing guests to our facility, directing guests around our facility, meeting and exceeding the needs of our guests, providing consistent genuine and friendly hospitality.
* Some short game golf instruction as needed.
* Perform additional duties as requested by the 1st Assistant Golf Professional and/or Director of Golf.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the Responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Registered as a PGA apprentice preferred.
* Registered in Level 1 of the PGA/PGM preferred.
* Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf.
* Experienced computer user to include, Microsoft Word and Excel and other computer applications such as retail POS & tee time software
* Able to meet the minimum physical requirements.
* Able to work in guest service environment and communicate effectively.
Specific Functions of Position: The specific functions listed below are the responsibility of each Assistant Golf Professional in addition to the responsibilities of the position.
* To create a positive, professional and friendly environment for our members, guests and fellow associates.
* To promote teamwork throughout the facility.
* To maintain a look of organization and cleanliness throughout the golf shop and offices consistently each day.
* Involvement throughout the facility as prescribed by management.
* Actively promote the game of golf and tournament preparations with our members and guests.
* Maintain the goals and direction prescribed by management.
* Share thoughts and ideas of how to improve the facility around you.