At Pyramid Global Hospitality, people come first. As a company that values its employees, Pyramid Global Hospitality is dedicated to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment that fosters diversity, growth, development, and wellbeing. Our commitment to a People First culture is reflected in our approach to employee development, employee benefits and our dedication to building meaningful relationships.
Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a range of employment benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off, as well as unique perks such as on-site wellness programs, local discounts, and employee rates on hotel stays. In addition, Pyramid Global Hospitality is committed to providing ongoing training and development opportunities to help our people build the skills and knowledge they need to advance their careers.
Whether you are just starting out in the hospitality industry or are a seasoned professional, Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages growth and fosters success, in over 230 properties worldwide. Join their team and experience the benefits of working for a company that values its employees and is committed to creating exceptional guest experiences.
The Host(ess) will work within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. To greet and seat guests with warm, friendly and sincere manner and escort them to their table. Make a good first impression, and insure they are happy when they leave. To manage seating charts and systems as well as relay pertinent information regarding guest requests to servers and management.
- Arrive to work promptly and consistently follow schedule.
- Hold knowledge of the floor plan, server station assignments and table numbers.
- Inspect menus for cleanliness and crispness and change out when necessary.
- Walk through dining area and the Lounge, note and correct any irregularities (lights burned out, furniture crooked, etc.)
- Check dining room and floors for cleanliness and takes actions where needed.
- Retrieve reservation books and manage daily reservation sheet. Maintain accurate seating chart and cover tally. Be able to make reservations accurately and courteously.
- Answer phones with knowledge of the operation of the Mountain Shadows and/or direct the guests for further assistance.
- Provide a smile and friendly greeting for guests, uses guest's name (if known), confirms number in party, asks guests for their seating preference and special needs, walks with guests at their pace to the table, alerts guests of steps and inclines, assists if necessary and informs server/manager of special needs.
- Present menus to guests and informs server of guest present at the table and returns to the lobby to greet guests, checks dining room for guests who are ready to leave.
- Acknowledge and thank guests when they are leaving, ask them to return, ask about their dining experience and follow through with the manager with any guest issues.
- When closing, inspect for cleanliness and prepare the station for the next day.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including CPR and fire evacuation procedures.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Previous food and beverage experience preferred.
- Pleasant personality, speaking voice and phone etiquette.
- Must enjoy extensive guest and employee contact.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
County Legal Requirements
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper uniform must be worn at all times.