1st Assistant Golf Professional - Mountain Shadows
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Salary-Exempt position responsible for managing all golf operations at a hotel/resort golf facility. May be responsible for cart rental, greens fees, equipment rental, instruction and/or event/tournament management. The incumbent typically possesses a PGA credential. This position will report to the Director of Golf. Typically a single incumbent position at the property level; in a larger hotel, this may be a multiple incumbent position.
- Assist in the recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining and motivating employees.
- To complete, in a timely fashion, all schedules and monitor staffing to insure maximum service, quality, efficiency and productivity. Also to monitor fluctuations in occupancy so that schedules may be adjusted.
- The ability to ensure all daily and weekly payroll reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assist with golfer check-in and fee collection: control and manage play.
- Make golf reservations & maximize rounds and revenues thru dynamic pricing, innovative and creative revenue strategies.
- Assist with all opening and closing procedures.
- Assist in managing innovative & creative tournament operations including planning, pre-tournament contracts, post-tournament billing, promotion, course set-up, prep, scoring, prize distribution, and follow up.
- Assist with management of golf shop and outside services staff to ensure the highest of customer service expectations are met.
- Assist in the inventory control to include ordering, receiving, inputting and pricing. Maintain attractive and orderly retail appearance in golf shop. Maintain a profitable retail operation.
- Guest relations meeting and exceeding the needs of our guests, providing consistent genuine and friendly hospitality.
- Assist overseeing golf cart fleet and rentals to ensure proper safety, storage, cleaning, maintenance and record keeping.
- Some short game golf instruction as needed.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Golf.