Pastry Cook III - Mountain Shadows
Position Summary: Responsible for general preparation and
serving of assigned dessert menu items, and the cleanliness and
organization of workstation. Must develop a sense of color and
detail, as most of the work is oriented toward eye appeal as
well as taste.
- Assist in preparing items in assigned area, following designated recipes and production sheets. Required to work long hours standing in one area and in extreme heat. Must be able to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Assist in the set up and/ or break down of the dessert station during service. Avoid waste through the proper preparation and storage of food.
- Assist in Pantry Station and in the Banquet kitchen as needed.
- Maintain high level of sanitation, organization and cleanliness. Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Dept. regulations on assigned station at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temperatures etc.)
- Give proper use and care to equipment furnished by Mountain Shadows.
- Be familiar with Mountain Shadows guidelines and procedures, and conduct yourself accordingly. Always projects a positive attitude and a spirit of teamwork. Respects the priorities of others.
- Perform any job related task as directed by chef(s) and supervisor.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Need basic kitchen experience. Must be capable of handling knives, mixers and items generally found in the kitchen environment.
- Willingness to learn, ability to follow directions and develop own skills.
- Must be able to work well with people under pressure.
- Must be able to work quickly and safely.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
County Legal Requirements
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.