Pantry Cook II - Mountain Shadows
Position Summary:Responsible for the preparation of all cold food items in elements restaurant in a supervisory role. Works closely with Pastry Chef and Chef de Cuisine to ensure the smooth operation of the kitchen.
* Responsible for organization and cleanliness of pantry food preparation areas as to maintaining established par stocks, prep levels, efficient production and health code standards. Ensure that all food preparation supplies are properly received, handled and stored including dating and rotation of perishable product.
* Completely responsible for cold food preparation department in elements which encompasses all three meal periods. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
* Aids or assists wherever needed in any of Mountain Shadows food preparation outlets to ensure timely, smooth quality service. Ensures that all stations are properly staffed. Must work well with all other departments (dining room, front desk, stewarding, purchasing, et al.).
* Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste and presentation. Aids in the concept, creativity, revision and implementation of all monthly menu changes and amenities.
* Maintain high employee morale and a good reliable staff; to recruit motivate and train Pantry personnel.
* Ensure that high standards of dress and personal hygiene are maintained by all Pantry employees.
* Ensure proper maintenance and care is exhibited by all employees toward equipment furnished by Mountain Shadows.
* Always projects a positive attitude; to embrace and enforce Mountain Shadows guidelines and procedures.
* Responsible for any other duties as assigned by Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine and Pastry Chef.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Must be in good physical condition, able to lift 75 lbs, and carry 35 lbs. Required to stand for long periods of time in one area near hot equipment (ovens, burners, etc.). Must be able to work on slippery surfaces and under intense pressure.
* Must have good communication skills: able to manage and motivate people.
* Must be responsible, insightful, organized and self-motivated.
* Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
County Legal Requirements
* Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.