Banquet Set-Up - Mountain Shadows
JOB SUMMARY: Manually set up, break down and service all meeting rooms in accordance to the hotel’s high standards of quality and service.
- Communicate with supervisor throughout shift to be aware of the work.
- Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest. This includes physical ability in the transport of awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms.
- Supply and replenish meeting rooms with clean glasses and fresh water.
- Break down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and return to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset for the next function.
- Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms so the rooms stay presentable at all times.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by the supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Clean up unexpected spills, or special guest requests.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Set Supervisor / Banquet Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly and detailed orientated.
- Knowledge of various types of equipment and set up styles used in the meeting rooms. For example: different table types (round, schoolroom, etc.).
- Good communication essential. Handle and relay guest challenges and comments to supervisor.
- Must be motivated and a self starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects during slow periods.
- Ability to lift and move multiple tables and chairs and podiums weighing up to 75 lbs. though a crowded room This position requires considerable physical activity on a continuous basis throughout the shift for room set up and break down.
- Ability to remain on feet for the entire shift.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.